We’re tracking changes to college sports schedules caused by Hurricane Ian this week.
CNN reports that Ian has weakened into a tropical storm after after making landfall “along the southwestern coast of Florida near Cayo Costa as a powerful Category 4 hurricane Wednesday.”
Here are the latest changes to college sports schedules:
(Last updated at 8:58 a.m. ET on Thursday, Sept. 29)
Due to circumstances caused by Hurricane Ian, the Stetson-San Diego PFL game, Saturday, has been canceled.
— Pioneer Football (@PFLNews) September 27, 2022
- North Florida, Florida A&M women’s volleyball postponed
Due to the potential impact of Hurricane Ian, Wednesday’s match at Florida A&M has been postponed.
— UNF Volleyball (@OspreyVB) September 27, 2022
- North Florida and Kennesaw State women’s soccer postponed
🚨SCHEDULE UPDATE 🚨
Due to expected inclement weather from Hurricane Ian and the subsequent campus closure later this week, Thursday’s match vs. Kennesaw State has been postponed.
There is currently no alteration of the match against Jacksonville State slated for Sunday.
— UNF Women’s Soccer (@OspreyWSOC) September 27, 2022
- North Florida also announced its swimming home-opening weekend is postponed to Oct. 7 and will be a one-day event.
- The men’s tennis’ Gridiron Classic tournament has been pushed to a future date.
- Women’s tennis will not attend pre-qualifying rounds of ITA All-Americans.
- Eastern Washington vs. Florida football is moved to Sunday
Due to Hurricane Ian, our game vs. Eastern Washington has been re-scheduled for Sunday, October 2nd at noon.
All tickets issued for Saturday will be honored on Sunday.
— Florida Gators Football (@GatorsFB) September 27, 2022
- The East Carolina vs. South Florida football game moved to Boca Raton
Bulls vs. Pirates moved to Boca Raton
Kickoff: Saturday • 2:30 p.m. • ESPN+
Ticket & Attendance information to follow
— USF Football (@USFFootball) September 27, 2022
More from South Florida:
- The USF volleyball team’s matches Friday and Sunday will not be played in Tampa. The team will depart the Bay area and practice with the hope of competition in Orlando. Officials are continuing to confirm if the scheduled opponents are able to travel to the region for weekend competition. Details will be announced when available.
- The USF men’s soccer team’s scheduled game Friday at Charlotte has been postponed.
- The USF cross country team was scheduled to compete at the Paul Short Run in Bethlehem, Pa. on Friday, but USF has canceled the Bulls participation in that event due to the storm’s impacts on travel.
- The USF women’s golf team and the USF men’s golf team will compete in their regularly scheduled tournaments in Virginia Beach, Virginia and Evanston, Illinois.